Generally, you might want to reset lifestyle to take it to another level. Well, my month started off great! My meditations was on point, food was spot on! Exercise and yoga were feeling as good as ever. I was finishing books and writing topics.
And then, I had a crazy week at work. It disrupted everything.
Suddenly I didn’t feel I had the energy to perform yoga, take a few moments to breathe or to even read a single chapter. Not that I didn’t have time. But I felt so exhausted with work, that I just didn’t feel like.
I had my book open in my hands, but I didn’t feel I had the energy or the care in the world to read single word. I woke up in the morning to do my running but felt like sleeping back again to gather some more rest.
I did a lot reflection and realized this was due to a huge burnout from the work week. There were some critical aspects of work that happened and it felt exhausting. Add the grief and the guilt of not feeling to work on my lifestyle.
I realized I had to reset lifestyle that I previously had.
The current phase of the project seemed like the next work week would be the same.
Here is what did differently to reset lifestyle back to how it was earlier:
- Day 1: Start All Over Again: if you miss doing things for a week or a little more than that, it feels like you never ever really did it. But all it takes to get back is another practice. That’s the most critical part when you reset lifestyle. Start over and start small. Don’t go with the usual intensity that you might have achieved with earlier. Perform the activity as comfortable as it feels like. Just make that initial shift to perform the activity today, to whatever extent it feels right for you.
- How to start all over again:
- Accept: Accept that the flow you had earlier is now disrupted. You would need to start all over again. Accept that it might take some work to get things off ground. You cannot reinvent yourself today. For example: If you feel like it’s a long way to go now, bring back the inspiration on why you had started earlier, in the first place. This time will be much easy.
- Take it slow: Your goal right now is to just perform that first step, and the first practice to bring you back into your feel good lifestyle. Quick tip: If emotions get in your way, feel the feeling that comes after you perform a certain activity. Remember how good it feels
- Just do it: You know what? Cut the crap, just go for it!
- How to start all over again:
- Day 1 – Day 7: Put a Stop: Start placing boundaries on your work week. Start saying ’No’ to things that drain you. Stop going the extra mile when you are hardly able to take care of yourself. Put the priority back into your practice and your well-being. Once you feel you are in a comfortable space, you can always build momentum at work too. But the important factor to consider is you, yourself, your well-being, and your lifestyle. Work should be secondary.
- Day 2 – Day 7: Focus Consistency: The first few activities don’t have to be perfect. All you need to focus on is to bring back the momentum. After your first start, look to bring back consistency. After your third or fourth activity, you will start feeling better, and at home again. Build slow momentum and get back to perform the activities you were so easily doing earlier.
In just 7 days, and with a little bit of patience and care for myself, this week has been much better.
Related: Determine the Quality of Your Life (Custom Quality of Life Index and Indicator)
Although it’s not as good as earlier, but it has allowed me to accept that as humans, we can drift apart and as humans, we can also slowly, come back.
This and the next week are about getting myself back on track. And I am certain that by the next week, I will be as good as earlier.
Are you looking to raise your vibrations? Discover your spiritual vibrations quickly with the Vibration Frequency Quiz now!